PCOS-Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PCOS is a common hormone disorder that affects one in five women in the UK. It can be devastating to a woman’s self-esteem and quality of life. As if this weren’t bad enough, many cases are missed because the pill is often prescribed to young women for painful and/or irregular periods and this can mask symptoms. It is often only when you are unable to get pregnant or experience miscarriages that explorations uncover the condition.
It can be very frustrating when:
* Your doctor tells you to focus on losing weight but gives you no further support so that you feel lost and unsure where to start
* You were told that if you have PCOS there isn’t really anything you can do
* Your doctor just pushes a pill on you to "resolve" all your hormonal issues such as acne, irritability, irregular period etc.
and tells you to come back when you want to have kids
* Your doctor tells you you're fine, the blood tests are normal - so your concerns are dismissed, but you still don't feel well
* You don't feel confident wearing your favorite clothes because you are bloated all the time
* You have to shave your hair in unwanted places, and you keep losing your scalp hair
* You are left me feeling stuck, overwhelmed, and annoyed that nothing has worked so far
I identify the "root causes" of YOUR symptoms and which of the main systems in your body aren’t working optimally.
What usually goes out of balance in PCOS:
Your insulin – a hormone that controls your blood sugar
Your stress hormones
How I help you:
Few PCOS sufferers have the exact same spectrum of symptoms. For nearly all, however, lifestyle changes are the centerpiece of taking control of one’s health. Once I’ve identified the root causes, I put in place the right combination of dietary and lifestyle changes for YOUR body and your PCOS type with the evidence-based changes that are going to have the biggest impact.
It's an individualised PCOS SUPPORT PROGRAMME and not a 'one size fits all' approach.
Then we work on a 1-2-1 basis for 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on YOUR health goals and the amount of support you need from me.
Working with a women's health expert who specializes in hormone balance and natural fertility is invaluable. The right practitioner will provide you with the:
Resources and education
Support you need for those days when you’re feeling frustrated
Accountability to stick with the programme and not give up
"A holistic approach to PCOS is certainly warranted and can have a significant effect in altering quality of life.” - Dr. Samuel Thatcher
PCOS SUPPORT PROGRAMME
This programme is perfect for you if:
You are simply tired of struggling.
You have been diagnosed with the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
You are trying to conceive - increasing your fertility naturally first, gives you a way better chance of achieving your goals - even if you are planning on medical fertility treatments.
You want to address the root causes of your PCOS, not just symptoms.
You are ready to make changes to improve your health, but you need guidance, trusted expert advice and accountability.
You've already tried so many 'solutions' but nothing has worked.
You're curious about using diet and lifestyle interventions as an alternative to the pill for PCOS but don't know where to start.
You need a programme in bite-size pieces that ACTUALLY fit into your busy life.