Warm french lentil salad
Using ready-cooked lentils makes this a very quick and filling winter salad, that can be eaten warm or cold.
Many people are surprised to learn just how nutritious legumes are. They provide fiber, protein, carbohydrate, B vitamins, iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and phosphorous (1).
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ medium onion finely chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
1 large red pepper diced
¼tsp dried oregano
Salt + pepper
100g ready-cooked Puy lentils
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
100g baby spinach
50g feta cheese
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan and add onion, celery, and red pepper.
2. Sauté for 6-8 mins, add oregano and season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, add lentils, stir in vinegar, dill, and remaining oil.
4. Combine lentils with the onion mixture and warm through.
5. Divide the spinach between 2 plates, top with lentil mixture and crumbled feta